Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Women's Retreat Bookmark




Each year I provide bookmarks as gifts for our church's Women's Retreat. This year's theme is nature, art and music. I used a scan of a hymn "All Creatures of Our God and King" and printed it on whisper white card stock.  I then stamped over the musical bars using the flower from Of the Earth stamp set. I really like the effect of the image stamped over the music. The bird is stamped , punched and embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a little shine. To keep the natural feel, I threaded twine through the top instead of ribbon or floss.  

Stamps - Of the Earth, God's Beauty (retired)
Paper - kraft, old olive, ruby red and whisper white card stock
Ink - Ruby red, old olive, chocolate chip
Accessories - Clear embossing powder, daubers, twine

2 comments:

  1. Love the bookmark, Tara! The music is the perfect touch! I left a little something for you over at my blog! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea for a church retreat.

    ReplyDelete