Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Players #66 - Music



This week the Paper Players  challenge is to use music as an element or theme for your project. It is this week that my mojo has decided to leave for vacation and I find it very frustrating given that music is such an important part of my life. I went through at least 5 different designs for a card and finally gave up on this one. I hope you all can relate to the occasional creative block. One aspect that I couldn't give up on was a card board heart. We all receive so many Stampin' Up! boxes and I had to grab a piece of the textural box for this card. I used a piece of the card board box and die cut it with Hearts and Brackets die -pulled off a paper layer and then distressed it with whisper white craft ink and soft suede.

The musical relation to this card conjoins the songs that I used to sing to my kids when they were babies. Both songs involve a heart or reference to one. I used to sing the Cinderella song " A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" to my daughter every night to put her to sleep. She was indeed a princess. My son was born on Valentine's Day so of course I sang " My Funny Valentine" to him each night.  I also sang the Elvis Presley song " Wooden Heart " to both of them so I had to create a card that used not only musical notes but incorporated a heart as well. I loved those cozy nights singing my children to sleep. The songs not only had heart in their lyrics, but were truly sung from MY heart.

This is not what I had in mind but still captures my overall thought.  Make sure your visit the Paper Players design team members beautiful creations and leave a comment.


The Paper Players Design Team

Paper -  Neutrals DSP, Beau Chateau DSP, early espresso, riding hood red, very vanilla card stock
Ink - Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Stamps - Petite Pairs, Music Notes Stampin Around Wheel
Accessories - Hearts and Brackets die, Cardboard box, dimensionals, Victoria crochet trim, button, crumb cake seam binding, scallop trim border, dotted scallop ribbon border

7 comments:

  1. Aw, what sweet memories! That is a good idea about the princess song for my little DGD....I think I even have the music for that in my piano bench somewhere! i LOVE this card, especially the heart! Rustic & vintage and oh so sweet! Thanks for making such a great card using my musical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not be what was in your mind's eye but it is sweet and lovely just the same. LOVE the inspiration behind it and all the little details are fabulous: the crochet trim, the polka dots, the button but most of all that fabulous HEART! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, I love your card! After hearing the inspiration behind it, you couldn't have chosen a better accent to add than a heart. How clever to use the box...the texture turned out perfect. You definitely didn't lose your mojo...it just went in a different direction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Tara Bee this is one sweet card - from the heart! Love the cardboard effect - and the inspiration is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, love what you wrote about the songs too!! Great cardboard heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara I love your card and the colors ... one of my favs! I really enjoyed reading the inspiration .. how sweet is that! Great card. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Tara - this is so cool! I love the story behind your card and that cardboard heart is even cooler! Love how you saw beyond the SU! boxes we all get and turned part of the box into a card.

    ReplyDelete