Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Paper Player 's - LeAnne's Color Challenge



This week LeAnne has a wonderful color challenge for us - Riding Hood Red, River Rock and Always Artichoke. I thought of these colors as being very natural and "woodsy" and created this card with a tree trunk and flowers in mind. I wanted to keep it clean and modern so rolled the flowers without any scallops. I hope you will be patient with my photography. I normally shoot my cards outside, but it is very rainy here in Southern California ( don't believe the song that it never rains:)) so I am shooting inside and struggling to get the correct lighting. The Riding Hood Red looks much deeper in the picture and the River Rock appears much more green than gray. The card is much more subtle in person.

Anywhoo, I can't wait for you to submit your creations using this wonderful color combination. Make sure to visit the each design team member's blog and leave a sweet comment.


The Paper Players Design Team

Paper - Frostwood Lodge DSP, riding hood red, river rock, always artichoke card stock
Stamps - Kindness Matters
Ink - Always Artichoke
Accessories - Little Leaves Sizzix die, Standard hole punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch, glue dots

12 comments:

  1. Wow I love this! Great background paper to showcase your simple design! And those flowers are always gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool design Tara, love the way you rolled the flowers, how pretty!!! We have had lots of rain up here too...I am on the Wet-coast of Canada after all...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous, Tara! You always do such terrific rolled roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Tara---I am thrilled with your contemporary take on my colors!!! Just love those roses and the woodsy paper is such a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Tara! Very rustic, but clean and contemporary! Great job with the color challenge! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool modern take on these colors. They seemed so vintage to me but you've made a modern beauty with the woodgrain background, those gorgeous rolled flowers and the graphic circle element. So different and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a uniquely gorgeous card! I love the subtle colors and that fabulous pop of red. It's a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara, these fabulous flowers are SO your signature style! This is crisp, clean and contemporary. It's a trifecta of coolness! ;) The woodgrain background packs a perfect subtle ounch, too. I've said it before and I will say it again...you ROCK! Hope your weekend was great! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely clean and modern, Tara! Nobody does those flowers better than you. I am going to have to fly out for an afternoon just so you can show me how to make those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tree-trunk-like texture is very unique and beautiful! Also the circles are arranged so nicely that make the roses so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your famous flowers are gorgeous Tara and I love the Clean & Simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are awesome! I can never get mine to look like this so I usually give up!

    ReplyDelete